Rajma is a combination of Marathi and Punjabi cooking. It's delicious, easy to make, and tastes incredible.
It pairs well with Roti or rice. You can also eat it on its own if you're looking for a low carb option. Did you know this dish is vegan? I made it as an easy 4th of July option for a picnic and it was the first thing devoured. You can't go wrong with this dish.
-1-2 TBSP Coconut Oil
-1 TSP Mustard Seeds
-1 TSP Cumin Seeds
-1 TSP Turmeric
-1 TSP Garam Masala
-4-6 cloves of garlic
-1/4 chopped white or yellow onion
-1/4 TSP ginger (fresh or powder)
-2 curry leaves
-2 TSP No Salt Organic Seasoning
-1/4 cup Ketchup (Use Maggi for No High Fructose Corn Syrup)
-2 Cups Undrained Organic Kidney Beans
1) Melt your coconut oil over medium heat.
2) Once hot, add your mustard seeds. When the begin to pop add your cumin seeds.
3) Let all the seeds pop.
4) Add your garlic and onion.
5) Add your turmeric and garam masala
6) Add your jalapeños.
7) Stir everything together.
8) Add your cans of beans.
9) Add your no salt seasoning, ginger, and curry leaves.
10) Stir everything together.
11) Add your ketchup.
12) Let your mixture cook for 15 minutes, check beans to see if they are soft, if so you're done!
Serve with roti, rice, or even quinoa.
Enjoy! If you make it, please let me know how you like it.