Oreos are a childhood favorite. They are delicious but often they have lots of preservatives and chemicals, so to help you celebrate Easter, we made Raw Vegan Oreos that you can give as a part of the perfect gift basket.
In our quest to make food healthier, we found our thanks to The Minimalist Baker. However, as we do at Chhaya & Tatyana Takeover, we make it our own with tweaks.
1 cup coconut butter (homemade is better) See notes for our special instructions.
1/4 tsp vanilla extract
A pinch of powdered sweetener
1 1/2 cups raw almonds
6-7 large Medjool dates. If small dates, use 14. Dates must be pitted.
2 Tablespoons coconut oil
1-3 Tablespoons of maple syrup (agave works too)
1/4 cup cacao powder
Pinch of pink sea salt
1. Put your coconut butter into your mixer. We used fresh young coconut chunks instead the coconut butter which allows the creme to keep its form without melting!
2. Add your vanilla followed by your sweetener.
3. Mix all ingredients together and set aside.
1. Add your almonds to your mixer and blend. It does not have to be finely ground.
2. Add your dates.
3. Add one tablespoon of maple syrup.
4. Add your cacao powder and salt.
5. Blend everything together.
6. Check the consistency of the dough. Add your coconut oil.
7. Blend everything together and check the consistency of the dough.
8. Add the rest of your maple syrup if needed. You want a sticky texture.
9. Between two sheets of parchment paper, roll out your dough.
10. Dough should be around 1.5 inches thick.
11. Cut your cookie circles. You can use a bottle mouth to make the circles.